Stop Pushing Yourself | A June Reflection on Mindfulness

A June reflection on burnout, slowing down, and learning to let go of the expectation of constant productivity. Sometimes decluttering is not about our belongings—it is about creating space in our minds and embracing a gentler rhythm of life.

------------    

閱讀中文版:「不是停止前進,而是停止逼自己前進|六月反思與斷捨離」

------------

Stop Pushing Yourself | A June Reflection on Mindfulness 

What we may truly need to let go of is not the task itself, but the expectations we place on ourselves. 


Sometimes, even when life heading oward the right direction, our capacity to keep pace wavers. 


May was filled with accomplishments, and it was a wish for that momentum would naturally carry into June. Instead, my body chose to pause. 


I wanted to rest, yet my mind was race. 

I wanted to preserve, but my energy had vanished.

Deep down, I was eager to keep moving forward.

However, my body simply would not cooperate. 


The disconnect between the mind and body felt even more exhausting than being busy. 


I tried adjusting my routines and reorganizing my plans, hoping to regain some sort of normality. But sometimes, the harder we try to return to normal, the more exhausted we become.  


Eventually, I stopped fighting. I sat in the stillness.

No rushing to catch up.

No forcing myself to become productive again. 

Just quietly flowing with the present. 


Looking back, I realized that the small habits I had been building since last December had become my anchors.

A few minutes of stretching.

A single page of reading.

Staying hydrated.

Keeping up with the simplest skincare routine. 

The smallest things, once so ordinary, became the most reliable rhythm on the days when there was little energy.


Working toward the goals is a joyful thing. Yet, that joy makes us solely focusing moving forward, and we forget the body also need rest. 


Progress is not a constant climb. It is a cycle of action and rest. June reminded me that to walk a long path, one must learn when to sit.


The true decluttering of the month? 

Releasing the relentless voice that demands I stay ahead. 

Our home is not the only place that needs organization.

Sometimes, the most important space to clear is the one inside your own mind.

------------    

閱讀中文版:「不是停止前進,而是停止逼自己前進|六月反思與斷捨離」

------------




 

Comments