Resting is Part of the Journey.
This reflective writing explores a personal pause between effort and rest, focusing on body awareness and emotional clarity. It reminds us that rest is not a reward, but an essential part of living well.
閱讀中文版:「休息,為路途的一部分。」
------------
Resting is Part of the Journey.
Lately, the pace of work has quickened.
Driven by a desire to save for the future and gain more experience,
I intentionally prioritized "hustle," weaving overtime shifts into the fabric of my daily life.
This week, however, presented a rare four-day break.
Initially, I planned to pick up extra shifts, but I chose to pause at the last moment.
The Reason Behind the Pause.
I began to feel an underlying exhaustion. Even with enough sleep, true restoration remained elusive, and my emotions grew unsettled. These quiet signals were reminders that I was overextending my mental and physical boundaries. Combined with unresolved reflections from work, I realised I needed this time to simply be.
Day One: Befriending the Stillness
The first day passed in near-total inactivity. Most of it was spent in bed. At first, a sense of guild lingered - a whisper telling me I should be "productive." I had to remind myself: Let it go, just for today. Rest is not a reward to be earned; it is a necessity to be honoured.
Day Two: Decluttering Space and Mind
On the second day, I turned to my surroundings. I cleaned thoroughly, letting go of things that no longer served a purpose. As the physical clutter cleared, so did my thoughts. There is a profound clarity that comes from tidying up the chaos, both externally and internally.
Day Three: The Gentle Return of Motivation
By the third day, motivation slowly returned. Neither it was forced nor rushed. I felt a genuine spark to create again, which led me to write these words.
Working toward a goal gives life meaning, but neither the body nor the mind is made of steel.
In Summary
Life is not a single moment of effort,
But a lifelong experience.
To walk it fully,
Rest is not an interruption -
It is part of the journey.
------------
閱讀中文版:「休息,為路途的一部分。」
Comments
Post a Comment
Something to share?
Want to give feedback?
Asking questions?
Feel free to comment!