Empties Are Not Achievements, but Traces of Life.

As the skincare products slowly reach their bottom before their expiration dates, a quiet sense of satisfaction naturally arises. With one bottle emptied after another one, I found myself wondering whether I should write an "empties" post at all. Nonetheless, I would like to discuss the emptied skincare bottles from the perspective of mindfulness in this post. Please, leave a comment if you are interested in sharing your skincare journey.

閱讀中文版:「空瓶賞不是成就,是生活自然留下的痕跡」

-----------

Empties Are Not Achievements,

but Traces of Life.

As more skincare bottles were emptied, 

I hesitated about sharing an empties post. 

Was it meant to be a review?
Am I really qualified to share, especially when I am not someone deeply skilled in skincare?
And once a bottle is empty—what does “done” actually mean? 

I also worried that this kind of sharing might unintentionally shift into something else:
a display of results,
a progress report,
or maybe another subtle form of comparison. 

Eventually, I realised that
what truly matters is not the moment a bottle becomes empty,
but the kind of life rhythm in which it was slowly and thoughtfully used. 

 

The Beginning of Empties Starts with Not Chasing Empties

I used to own many skincare products, yet I rarely finished any. 

Maybe it was laziness. Maybe it was incompatibility. 

More often, it was because the routine itself felt heavy:

· too many steps

· too many choices

· too much mental effort.

 

When something constantly requires willpower, it rarely lasts. 

 

So I began to make small adjustments:

· Keeping only what I did not resist using

· Starting with once a day

· Placing everything in a fixed and visible spot

· Letting skincare naturally follow an existing habit

And then, one day, I noticed that some bottles were simply empty.

No countdown. 

No intention. T

hey were finished quietly, without effort.

 

These Empties Are Not Ranked. 

In this post, no skincare product will be ranked.

These skincare products were used up simply because they suited my skin at that time. Their presence was quiet, yet steady enough to accompany my days. 

Later on, I may collate and share what each product did for me - not as recommendations but as record. If that interests you, feel free to leave a comment. I would also love to hear about your own skincare routines, and what quietly accompanies your days.

 

Empties: A Signal of No Waste

To me, 

An empty bottle is not a badge of discipline,

But a signal of living without waste - 

using things gently, 

allowing them to fulfill their role, 

and letting them exit quietly.

 No hoarding, 

No constant switching. 

No extra mental burden.

 

Your Rhythm Doesn’t Need to Match Anyone Else’s

Sometimes, when I see others finish their skincare products so quickly, I feel a hint of envy.

But my pace does not need to align with anyone else’s.


If a product lasts longer at my side, it is okay. 

Slow does not mean failure.

More often than not, real change comes from imperceptible accumulation of daily actions.

 

In Summary 

These empty bottles are just a small piece of evidence from my life in 2025. 

They remind me:

· Simplicity can be maintained.

· Habits can be gently built.

· Life doesn't need constant "optimization."

 

Bottles may empty, but life goes on.

What I want to record has always been the process of "living well."

 

Moving into 2026 with this realisation, I hope to continue living with a "non-forced" attitude—not rushing to fill things up, allowing room for emptiness; not pursuing perfection, but seeking continuity. May these gently built little habits continue to quietly support our future daily lives.

------------

閱讀中文版:「空瓶賞不是成就,是生活自然留下的痕跡」


Comments