Embracing Minimalism on Low-Energy Days

On days when the body feels heavy and energy is low, maintaining life through minimal effort becomes a gentle form of decluttering. This piece explores how simple habits and a minimalist lifestyle help reduce expectations and focus on what truly matters.

------------

閱讀中文版:「在低能量的日子,做「最少」就好」

------------

Embracing Minimalism on Low-Energy Days


After a restful night, my mind felt refreshed, yet my body remained heavy. 


I spent the first few hours mindlessly scrolling on my phone. It is a sign of low mental fuel. Even so, there was still a small spark within me wanting to do something; something that my energy can hold.


When energy levels are low, there is often tension between doing nothing at all and forcing ourselves to stay productive. Today, I chose something in between - the bare minimum. 

Hence, I applied the concept of "decluttering" to my daily task. 

  • Instead of reading a whole chapter, I read just one page - no more and no less. 
  • Instead of a full intense workout, I chose gentle stretches with the focus on the tension within my body and slowly breathing through it. 

This is the minimalism of living. 


On difficult days, we do not need to peak; we just need to maintain. 

Declutter the expectation of perfection, and keep only the essential rhythm.

It is a day for minimal effort, and that is more than enough.

------------

閱讀中文版:「在低能量的日子,做「最少」就好」

Comments