The Anticipation for 2026: From Five-Year Goals to Next Year’s Focus

At the end of 2025, I revisited my five-year plan from this early December, adding motivations, current progress, and review methods. Year-end reflection isn’t about resolutions, but ensuring I am still moving toward the life I envision.

閱讀中文版:〈2026年的期許:五年計畫回顧與明年安排〉

------------

 Year-End Reflection:
From Five-Year Goals to Next Year’s Focus

As the end of 2025 approaches, social media begins to fill with posts about 2026 goals and planner setups. After reading through them, I briefly wondered whether I should also write a list of New Year's resolutions. 


But after revisiting my notes, I made a different choice. Instead of starting over, I returned to the five-year plan that I had outlined earlier this December. 


It was an incomplete and imperfect plan --

More of a rough outline than a finished map. 

I had noted the general direction but left out details and timelines.


With 2026 approaching, I decided to fill in those missing parts. 

I rewrote the motivation behind each goal, clarified the current situation, and described the future state that I am moving toward for each year. I also added simple ways to check in with myself – not to chase progress but to make sure I do not lose my sense of direction. 

Rather than resetting my life year by year, what matters more to me is whether I am still moving toward the kind of life that I hope to live. 


From that perspective, I gradually shaped my plan for the coming year. 

My focus will be on my career, my side hustles, health, and language learning. As for the details of the goal setting, I am going to leave them unspoken for now. 

I would rather share plans after they have been carried out. 

Sometimes, when a plan is spoken of too early, it tends to lose its effectiveness.

I would like to reflect on the practicality, maturity, and effectiveness of the plan through actions first, before I speak about them in detail. 


In Summary:

The end of year does not always require a brand-new beginning. Sometimes, simply knowing that I have not drifted too far from the life I envision is enough. 

Plans are not meant to reassure us through comparison, 

But to quietly remind us over time, why we started. 

------------

閱讀中文版:〈2026年的期許:五年計畫回顧與明年安排〉


Comments